Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Louis C.K.'s comedy special in Ogg Theora format

I recently bought the DRM-free Louis C.K. comedy special -- best purchase I've made in years.

I was excited to see that Louis offered his comedy special in Ogg Theora format, but when I searched for the Ogg Theora file, I couldn't find it, so I contacted Louis' website support. They were very helpful.

I was instructed to go the the Stream Film page and view the source code of the page. In the HTML source, you'll find a link to a file with a name that ends with .ogv. You can use that link to download the file.

  1. On this page, click on Stream Film
  2. On the View Stream page, view the the page source code.
  3. Find the text that reveals the location of the .ogv file, which is in Ogg Theora format. (I've forgotten whether this was an absolute path or a relative path.)
  4. Use the address determined in the previous step to download the Ogg Theora file.

Buy the special if you haven't already. Louis C.K. is fucking awesome. https://buy.louisck.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment